Re: Indexing differs for 2 lines swapped in file

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 14:59:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 05:56:12AM -0800, Dominique Phommahaxay wrote:
> > I couldn't really tell from the diff output below, but if you look at
> > that output can you see some record where the data just stops being
> > processed?
> Sorry for the diff output (too long).
>
> In the case when the record containing J2Ee is the last line, the data stops being processed at the line before last (included), ignoring the entire record containing J2Ee (though some words like java or enterprise might appear in other parts of the indexed file as they belong to other different records).

Then it's a matter of seeing what makes the difference.  -T
indexed_words outputs the words in the order they are parsed, so it
should give you an idea where things are failing.

Still, I'd like to test on my machine.

> Let me see if my web email allows me to send you the 1.7Mb zipped file. If not, how could it transfered to you?

Put it on a web server some place?

echo here is the attachment | mutt -a file.zip moseley@hank.org

Might also check if your web mail program knows how to wrap lines.  The
one above is 307 columns wide.