checkbox in TemplateDefault.pm

From: Dave Moreau <davidjmoreau(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 02:10:23 GMT
I'm trying to add a checkbox to my search form. I added an <input> item to
TemplateDefault called incl_all. I tried

my $incl_all = $q->param('incl_all');

assuming I could use it like text input types. Apparently $incl_all never
has a value, whether or not the control is checked.

How do I add a checkbox to TemplateDefault and use its value?

Also, what editor do you suggest for editing Perl? I would like to be able
to easly jump to function definitions or to at least have all functions
listed in a window. I'm new at Perl and easily get lost in code, though I
really enjoy playing with regular expressions!

Also, is there a way to make swish, by default, not require all terms in a
search by combining them with 'or' instead of 'and'? A flag would be
wonderful, such as '-z' in the following:

  swish-e -z or -w bill clinton ...

would search for 'bill or clinton' while

  swish-e -z and -w bill clinton ...

would search for 'bill and clinton'.

dave