Re: Filtering terms with swish.cgi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 22:26:13 GMT
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 08:35:03PM -0700, Dave Moreau wrote:
> Previously, I had a rudimetary search page in PHP (a language that I've been
> using for 2 weeks) that would convert references from, for example, Genesis
> 1:1 to gen001001, but I saw that swish.cgi is so much more robust--why give
> myself a hard time (nice work!)
>
> To included the feature I need, I added another text control to the FORM in
> TemplateDefault.pm, but I don't know where the different modules use the
> contents of the 'query' text control.
>
> Where can I append the converted search terms from my verses text control to
> the terms from the 'query' text box? I figure once i'm pointed in the right
> direction, i'll be OK!

I'm not clear what you want to do.  Do you want to limit your searches
to specific areas?

If so there's the "select_by_meta" option that will do that.

If that won't work for you then just search for "select_by_meta" in the
source and you can see where that's added into the query string.

$q is the query object ($q->param('my_control') would get the form
element "my_control", for example).