Re: bug report

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 22:13:58 GMT
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 02:27:02PM -0700, Rich Morin wrote:
> http://swish-e.org/current/docs/README.html
>
>    *  I guess, from assorted hints, that Swish-e is mostly written in C,
>       but I see no direct statement to this effect.

Yes, but we like to leave that undefined in case we decide to rewrite in
COBAL.

>    *  The double quotes I see are of the form ``prog''; it would look
>       better (to me :-), as "prog".

I agree.  I think that's an add way to write those smart quotes.  Maybe
it's like that so you don't get confused into thinking they are real
double quotes.

>    *  "Swish-e it extremely fast in both indexing and searching ..."
>                is
>
>    *  "... and to seemlessly integrate a search engine into ..."
>                   seamlessly
>
>    *  "(see: http://opensource.org )"

It's sometimes nice to double click on text and not pick up the ")".

>                                   ^
>
>    *  "html         => "HTML"
>       "open source" => "Open Source"
>       "pod"         => "POD"
>       "Postscript"  => "PostScript"

Yikes.

>    *  "A list of platforms where Swish-e has been build can ...
>                                                   built

Thanks.  I do that all the dime.

>    *  "Building these other forms of documentation require ..."
>                                                    requires

Not in the current dev docs.

>    *  "Work through the example in shown in the ..."
>       "Work through the example shown in the ..."
Same here.

>    *  "A slightly modified version of this package is include with ..."
>                                                       included

Thanks.

>    *  "Please contact the Swish-e disussion list ..."
>                                   discussion
moseley@bumby:~/swish-e/pod$ fgrep 'Please contact' *.pod
README.pod:Please contact the Swish-e list with corrections to this documentation.

Guess it was already changed.

> http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-FAQ.html
>
>    *  "... before placing into production."
>       "... before placing it into production."

OK, all right.

>    *  "perl"        => "Perl" (when speaking of the language)
>       "unix"        => "Unix" or "UNIX"
>
>    *  "See <Indexing> below."
>             Indexing
>
>    *  "But, Swish-e works with eight Bit characters, ..."
>                                eight-bit
>
>    *  "That expensive CPU is suppose to be busy."
>                              supposed

Yep, that one always gets me.

Thanks for your input.  If you plan on doing any more feel free to check
out from CVS and send a patch if that's any easier.  Sometimes it's
easier to just correct as you type.