Re: Burn index and website on cd

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 18:24:24 GMT
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 07:47, jan_janssen@agilent.com wrote:
> > Here are some preliminary docs; see the entry for the Init() function:
> >   http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/ctldoc/API.html
>
> Unfortunately as much as I see I can only change the filename of the
> indexfile (init) but not the path to it :-(  Would it be easy to
> implement this into the activeX?

The IndexLocation string value in the registry sets the path, as the
above docs state.

ActiveX security doesn't allow trusted controls to specify arbitrary
filenames.  There has been some discussion on how to improve that.  I
will patch swishctl to support multiple index location values before
2.4.0 releases, though.

> I could find a zip with a win32 exe <http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swishctl.zip>
> But unfortunately it seem to be build for version 2.35 and I can't find swish-e version 2.35 on the servers (either there is 2.2 or 2.4) :-(

Probably 2.3.5 which is an old development release.

> As I don't have a C++ compiler installed, could somebody so me the favour to send me a win32  setup.exe for 2.4? Maybe with the fix for the variable path (see above)?

I'm not sure the setup program is completely usable right now.  And it's
not documented at all.

> Anyhow, I'm curious: Am I the first one who tries to create a search for a CD and get's into all
> this trouble?

Well, it's a fairly new program.  A few people have used it, though.
I've not had time to give it much attention of it's own.  I plan to
spend some time on it once SWISH-E 2.4 releases.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/