Re: Burn index and website on cd

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 11:56:32 GMT
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 05:59, jan_janssen@agilent.com wrote:
> as I have installed the swish-e-2.4.0-pr4.exe package, the example with
> the ActiveX control (swishCTL) is working just fine even with my generated
> index files. But what if I want to distribute my website and the serachfunction
> on a CD? Can I modify the OBJECT tag in a way that the activX control will be
> installed automatically from the CD?

I think SwishCtl would need to be signed with a digital signature before
you could do that.  It may also need some other changes.  Maybe someone
else can provide further info.

> And which packages do I have to put on the CD - the whole swish-e-2.4.0-pr4.exe?
> Is there a swishctl DLL, that I can provide with the CD?

You need swishctl.dll and libz.dll from your Windows system directory.

> In addition I'm not sure how to tell the acticeX controll where to find the index
> file on the CD. It seems that the control gets the information from this registry
> key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SWISH-E Team\SwishCtl\Options. By default after
> installtion the key points to the local example directory.

Here are some preliminary docs; see the entry for the Init() function:
  http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/ctldoc/API.html

> As I don't want to ask the user to change this key by hand, how should I go on?

You'd probably want to use an installation program of some sort.  Copy
the DLLs to the Windows system directory, register swishctl.dll somehow
(e.g. "regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\swishctl.dll"), add your registry
keys.

There is C++ source code for an example setup program in the swishctl
CVS repository.  Although, using a script-based installer like NSIS
would be easier to customize (and wouldn't require a C++ compiler).

> And last question: if I burn the index files on a cd: as much as I saw the index files
> contains absolute links to the html files (like c:\mywebsite\index.htm) instead of
> relative link (e.g. \index.htm). Can I generate the index with relative links?

See the indexing config section of the manual:
  http://swish-e.org/dev/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_ReplaceRules

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/