Filtering terms with swish.cgi

From: Dave Moreau <davidjmoreau(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 03:36:26 GMT
I've only been using Perl for about 2 months now so searching through the
perl modules has been quite a challenge.

I have encoded information in my documents (to be specific, it's bible
verses). This allows documents refering to verses in different languages and
using different styles of abbreviations to all to be retrieved by a search.

Previously, I had a rudimetary search page in PHP (a language that I've been
using for 2 weeks) that would convert references from, for example, Genesis
1:1 to gen001001, but I saw that swish.cgi is so much more robust--why give
myself a hard time (nice work!)

To included the feature I need, I added another text control to the FORM in
TemplateDefault.pm, but I don't know where the different modules use the
contents of the 'query' text control.

Where can I append the converted search terms from my verses text control to
the terms from the 'query' text box? I figure once i'm pointed in the right
direction, i'll be OK!

dave