Re: A modularized view of a search engine

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 16:55:55 GMT
On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 09:46, Magnus Bergman wrote:
> > SWISH::Filter?
> > So what you describe above is basically how swish-e works.
>
> Yes, that is great. But what I really want to do is to use my own
> filters with swish-e and perhaps use the filters of swish-e with other
> indexers and document streamers.

SWISH::Filter is fairly general purpose.  It could be used with any
program which supports standard filters.  What's really needed are more
filtering modules.

> I must admit that I haven't looked must at SWISH::Filter since I don't
> know Perl. Can it easily be used on the command line to convert
> documents? And can other command line filters easily be used with
> swish-e? (By easy I mean without writing any Perl code.)

Right now, no.  But, you could write a single SWISH::Filter module which
would allow you to do that.

You might want to look at the filter docs:
  http://www.swish-e.org/dev/docs/Filter.html#DESCRIPTION

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/