Re: FW: Re: Memory Problems while indexing

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 14:03:47 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 06:28:32AM -0700, Klingensmith, Rick wrote:
> I'm still not having any luck sorting this problem out. I do have a linux
> box and home, but I haven't done a lot with it and will need to install
> SWISH-e on it so the learning curve may be a little steep since I live in
> the windows world too much.

Post if you need help.  Getting a backtrace off linux is not hard.  Just
make sure you are indexing the exact same data in both tests -- and try
to see if you can find the smallest data set that shows the problem.

> I checked the web pages before and after the error message from the last
> successful run and they seem OK, nothing out of the ordinary that I can see
> in the source code.
>
> Any ideas on what would drive SWISH-E to a null pointer?

Not without a backtrace to find out where it's happening.  If you can
index with pr1 without problems but pr3 aborts, then it's a matter of
looking at the cvs diffs, but it would be much easier to know where to
look.