Re: Swish 2.2 termination status values.

From: William Bailey <wb(at)not-real.pro-net.co.uk>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 10:25:49 GMT
Sorry Bill but thats not what i ment. :(

I understand that if err: is in the output then something has gone wrong
(unless its no results). What i was really talking about some kind of return
status value.

Was thinking about something like this:

#include <stdlib.h>
exit( status );

Where:

int status;
    is a status that will be returned to whatever called the current program.

At the moment i'm reading the output to find errors and matching the string
value to find out exactly what error was just thrown. It works but if any
changes are made to the output description then i need to amend the php
class. If there is a different exit status for the different err types then
it would make scripting with swish-e a lot more friendly in any language that
can return the exit status of the application that was just run.

For example you could have:

exit status:-      What:-
  0                  Good, Results
  1                  Good, No Results
  2                  Bad, Unknown switch

Hope this makes things a bit more clear.

--
Regards,
	William Bailey.