pr2 available

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 19:47:22 GMT
I just uploaded the source tarball for Swish-e 2.4.0-pr2 to
http://swish-e.org/Download/  A version for Windows should follow in a
day or so.

BTW -- SourceForge pserver CVS access will also take a while to catch
up.

This fixes a few bugs with the pr1 version (changes shown below).

There was also some rewriting of the way -S prog locates programs.  The
installation directory ($libexecdir, normally /usr/local/lib/swish-e) is
appended to $PATH when looking for -S prog to run.

2.4 has a lot of changes from 2.2.  The API was redesigned (and thus
much of the internal code for that API) and work has gone into making
installation easier.

For example, I just built and installed swish-e into a local directory
with:

  $ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/today2 && make install

then in a directory available to my web server:

  $ ln -s $HOME/today2/lib/swish-e/swish.cgi

and created a config file for indexing:

  $ cat c
  IndexOnly .html
  IndexDir /usr/share/doc
  DefaultContents HTML*
  StoreDescription HTML* <body> 10000

and indexed:

  $ $HOME/today2/bin/swish-e -c c

and was then able to search my docs on-line.  swish.cgi knows where
swish-e and required perl modules were installed.

  Version 2.4.0 (Release Candidate 2)  September 10, 2003
    * Indexing HTML title
        Fixed a problem when these were used in combination:

          MetaNames swishtitle
          MetaNameAlias swishtitle title

        That failed to correctly reset the metaname stack and indexed text
        under the wrong metaID.

    * Single Wildcards
        Due to the way the query parser "works" a search of

           "foo *"

        would result in a search of "foo*". Now that results in:

           err: Single wildcard not allowed as word

    * Fixed search parsing bug
        Brad Miele reported that the word "andes" was not being found. It
        was being stemmed to "and" when was then considered an operator.
        [moseley]

    * Add new directive PropertyNamesSortKeyLength
        PropertyNamesSortKeyLength sets the sort key length to use when
        sorting string properties. The default is 100 characters. There was
        a hard-coded 100 char limit before, but that was a problem where
        people were not building from source (Windows). The value of this is
        questionable -- it's intended to limit how much memory is used when
        sorting while indexing and searching. [moseley]

    * Fixed sorting issues with multiple indexes and reverse sorting
        Reworked much of the sorting code. Still to do is setting the
        character sort order. [moseley]

    * Fixed minor memory leak
        Fixed leak of not releasing memory of index file name and
        swish_handle destroy, and fixed SwishStemWord to default to the
        Stemmer_en. [moseley]

        Fixed libtest.c example program that was not cleaning up memory
        after an error condition.

    * Replaced Swish-e's Porter Stemmer with Snowball
        Swish-e now has support for Snowball stemmers
        (http://snowball.tartarus.org/). The stemmers are enabled for an
        index with FuzzyIndexingMode Stemming_* where "*" can be:

          de, dk, en1, en2, es, fi, fr, it, nl, no, pt, ru, se

        In addition, UseStemming yes or FuzzyIndexingMode Stemming_en will
        use the old stemmer.