Re: MetaNamesRank and stemming question

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 17:55:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 07:25:32AM -0700, todd breslow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to swish-e and am very impressed. Plan to use this in my next
> major release. A couple of questions. I am using the 2.4pr1 release.
>
> 1) Is there a target or goal for this release going into productions?

Yes.  April.  Last April.

I think real soon now.  I know of one bug that needs fixing and now I
just need to find a few free hours to deal with it.  Dave has most of
the Win32 installer stuff worked out.  There will be a "release
candidate" out first with the hope that a few will try it out.

> 2) Any goal or target for implementing the MetaNamesRank feature? That
> is something I am eager to experiment with!

It is "implemented" in 2.4pr1 now.  How well it works is a question.
The ranking code in general needs someone smart to refine it.

> 3) Does anything special need to be done to use the Stemming_en2
> module? I get an error when trying to use it, but plain old 'stemming'
> works.

What error would that be?  How are you enabling it?