Re: Swish on Windows

From: Malcolm Miles <mgm-ns(at)>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 09:24:29 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:28:30 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>SwishCtl can't be used client-side over the web.  (And I may implement
>security restrictions which prevents such use.)  It could be used with
>ASP, Visual Basic, VBS, or probably any other programming language that
>can use ActiveX controls.  The error handling would need to be changed
>to work well with ASP.  Right now you'd end up with a screenful of
>dialog boxes on the server console.

I am looking at making some changes to remove these message boxes for
ASP use (see my other message re compiling SwishCtl).

I would also like to be able to select a specific index file to use.
While this may be unsafe when used on the client side it should be
safe when used in an ASP script.

Best wishes,