Newbie question regarding FS indexing

From: robert schwartz <robert(at)not-real.mrsquirrel.com>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 20:53:17 GMT
I'm having what I'm positive is a simple newbie problem with swish-e but
can't seem to get my hands around the right way to search the ML
archives or find this in the documentation.

This is in regards to an Apache web server.  I have several virtual
servers in /usr/www (/usr/www/host1 and /usr/www/host2).  Both virtual
servers have many name-based hosts underneath them, for example
/usr/www/host1/site1 and /usr/www/host1/site2.

My desire is to do a simple file system index of host1's websites for
example, and then use swish-e.cgi as a search portal for all these
sites. Swish-e.config:

IndexDir /usr/www/host1
IndexFile /home/me/index/test1.index

So it indexes everything and works very well.  When I search via
swish-e.cgi, it works fantastic, except that the links that are
generated refer to soemthing like
http://host1/usr/www/host1/site1/index.html  as seen below:

1 LDAP AUTHENTICATION TEST! -- rank: 1000
(NULL)
Last Modified Date: 2003-04-16 14:38:40 PDT
Document Size: 1354
Document Path: /usr/www/host1/ldaptest/index.html

I have the prepend_path correct in that it doesn't refer to localhost in
the url, it refers to "host1" correctly.  However, the url generated in
the first line links to:
http://host1/usr/www/host1/ldaptest/index.html
And for this to work it has to refer to:
http://host1/ldaptest/index.html

Then if I can get this sorted out I'd ideally like to kick it up a notch
and index host1 and host2 with a single CGI, but that would mess up the
prepend_path for host1, so advice on how to move forward once this is
sorted out would be appreciated also.

Please is anyone has a cluepon for me to redeem I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.