Re: SwishCtl problem with index

From: Greg Ford <greg(at)not-real.reddfish.co.nz>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 04:26:11 GMT
> >On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 23:54, Malcolm Miles wrote:
> >> I have got a basic search page which works when searching against the
> >> sample index supplied in the SwishCtl zip file. However it doesn't
> >> work when using my own index created by Swish-e 2.2.3.
> >
> >SwishCtl only works with SWISH-E 2.4-rc1.  The index format is very
> >different from 2.2 to 2.4.
>
>  I downloaded swish-latest.exe from
> <http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/daily/> which is SWISH-E
> 2.4.0-pr1. Indexes created by this version didn't  work either. Can
> you point me to where I could download the required rc1 version?

To get it to work with 2.4.0-pr1, I had to build both swish-e and SwishCtl -
I could e-mail you my working version of swish-e.exe (which you can probably
just copy over the top of the installed one...)?

> How often is SwishCtl updated to be kept in sync with the Swish
> release?

SwishCtl is still quite new, and doesn't yet fit in well with the automated
builds for Swish-e, but it should be OK soon.

Greg Ford