Re: SwishCtl problem with index

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:05:40 GMT
On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 04:01, Malcolm Miles wrote:
> I downloaded swish-latest.exe from
> <http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/daily/> which is SWISH-E
> 2.4.0-pr1. Indexes created by this version didn't  work either.

I wondered about that.

> Can you point me to where I could download the required rc1 version?

Are you using this swishctl?
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swishctl.zip

If so then try this build:
http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swish-e-2.4.0-pr1-2003-05-25.exe

I've not tested the combination but I don't think there were any index
file changes in that time period.  swishctl.dll itself appears to be
dated May 25.

> How often is SwishCtl updated to be kept in sync with the Swish
> release?

Probably not often enough, I'm afraid.  I'm unable to cross-compile
SwishCtl and Windows isn't terribly convenient.

I will try to get the SWISH-E installer for Windows issues worked out
over the weekend.  Once the problems are worked out I'll have a full
blown test release of the SWISH-E 2.4 installer for Windows.  SwishCtl,
the Javascript search page, and a sample index (of the SWISH-E docs)
will be included.

Even if all the issues aren't worked out completely I'll try to make
some sort of combined release this weekend.  The issues I'm worried
about relate to getting all the Perl code working by default on
Windows.  So, that really won't affect your ASP stuff (unless you need
Perl spidering/filtering when indexing. ;-).

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/