mis-spelled words

From: David Hoare <dh2(at)not-real.iucr.org>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 14:39:42 GMT
Hi,

I have been using swish-e very happily for some time now. Thanks for a
great piece of software.

One of the things I would like to do however is if a search did not return
a hit then check the search words against the indexed words and do some
approximate matching (agrep type of thing) and return a link to a new
"corrected" search. The equivalent of google's "did you mean _BLAH_" when
you misspell something.

This is probably a little of topic and I apologize for that but I think
that a few users may already have done this and may be able to point me in
the right direction.

I use a Linux box and program in tcl or perl for preference.

Thanks for any help in advance.

All the best,

David