Re: Swish-E search hangs on large indices (on RedHat 9.0)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 21:34:49 GMT
On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 08:41, moseley@hank.org wrote:
> Likely some issue with RH 9.0, but you might try
>   http://swish-e.org/dev/swish-daily/swish-e-2.4.0-pr1-2003-08-20.tar.gz

I'm using an old pr1 revision from June 24 on RH9.  I've seen no major
problems.

-k does appear to be broken.  It simply doesn't work on this version.
"-k *" tells me to provide either a * or a single character.  A single
character gives me no results.

My test index is 124 MB.  I don't think it's a size issue.  Maybe
there's some document in your dataset which is triggering a problem.
Using gdb as Bill suggested might help find it.

As far as index size goes you would be limited to 2 GB on 32-bit
filesystems.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/