RE: swish-e speed? (performance issues, or bonehead admin?)

From: Jeffrey Isherwood <ish(at)not-real.dolphtech.com>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 14:42:34 GMT
The search.php3 file came with the simplesearch package, and I didn't modify
anything in it.  Here's the section it is complaining about... Is there an
easier or better way to utilize swish-e for my website that I overlooked?

    256                         // Attempt to grab data from each file
    257                         if (count($aryMetaList) > 0) {
    258                                 unset($aryMetaTags);
    259                                 $strCurrentFile =
$strSiteRootDir.$strResultURL ;
    260                                 if (file_exists($strCurrentFile) &&
$intGetFileData > 0) {
    261                                         // Get the META tags from the
file
    262                                         $aryMetaTags =
get_meta_tags($strCurrentFile);
    263                                         // Get the modification date
stored in the file system
    264                                         $strResultModDate =
gmdate("\M\o\d\i\f\i\e\d \a\\t H:i:s, \o\\n M d, Y \G\M\T", filemt
ime($strCurrentFile));
    265                                         // $aryMetaTags =
get_meta_tags("/www/share/apache/htdocs/test/test.html");
    266                                 }
    267                         }
    268                         /* This is broken until I find a means of
juggling FileSystem:
    269                         ** versus HTTP resource names.  Field not
necessary, slows things down,
    270                         ** but impressive and useful nonetheless. */
    271                         $j++;
    272                 endwhile;
    273