swish-e speed? (performance issues, or bonehead admin?)

From: Jeffrey Isherwood <ish(at)not-real.dolphtech.com>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 20:49:53 GMT
I got swish installed, configured and running... Not quite sure of all the
steps that I took, just kept banging on it...

But I've run the index:
111 files indexed.  2226643 total bytes.  211193 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:08 CPU time: 00:00:08

And when I try to do a search it times out on any word that appears more than
15 times or so...

I'm sure I did something wrong, but can't find anything in the FAQs about
performance hits or tweaks.

Swish-e v 2.2.3
Apache
RedHat 8.0

Ish...

_________
Jeffrey Isherwood,   CSL Senior Engineer
Ish@dolphtech.com    (315) 838-7064
Dolphin Technology Inc.
CyberScience Lab (CSL)  - A project of the NIJ
http://www.cybersciencelab.com

"If you don't secure your (wifi) network you might as well broadcast your email
on FM radio"
            - Gail Thackeray, Asst. Attorney General Az