Re: "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 14:31:41 GMT
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 06:56:55AM -0700, Jeffrey Isherwood wrote:

> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.

Don't know.  A quick google search didn't help.  You might have better
luck searching.  I assume you don't have something installed

Mine shows:

checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for egrep... grep -E

You should look at config.log like it says and see if that provides
better detail.  Then you can look at the configure script and and search
for "checking how to run" and look through the script to understand
what's failing.  I'll often add a few echo statements to let me know
what's happening.  You can also add set -x in a section to turn on
echoing of commands (which I find too noisy).  Maybe that's the hard
way to debug, but that's what I do -- often takes a bunch of time to
find out something obvious.

Maybe someone else has an idea about the problem.