RE: Error Condition Re: Javascript stuff in swishdescription output

From: Robert Keith <Robert(at)>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 05:14:13 GMT
 At one site I crawl, the swishdescription output displays what seems to be
 some javascript text.  Many of the pages indexed display this character

     ); } //end //--

 at the beginning of the swishdescription text.

 How can I troubleshoot this issue?

 A URL available on the Internet that causes this issue is at:

I used the following command to display the output directly from the index

   swish-e -f /fs/area/intellisearch/indexfiles/ -x
"<swishdocpath>\t<swishdescription>\n" -w robert

The output of this command is:

# SWISH format: 2.2.3
# Search words: robert
# Number of hits: 717
# Search time: 0.001 seconds
# Run time: 0.025 seconds
PageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=80&ContentID=9134     "); } //end //-- This Weeks
Daily News Archives Subscribe to the IPO Daily News ") //--   Intellectual
Owners Association 1255 Twenty-Third St. N.W. Suite 200 Washington, D.C.
20037 tel:
(202) 466-2396 fax: (202) 466 2893 email:

Robert Keith