Re: Win XP compatibility settings

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 10:04:47 GMT
On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 02:27, Greg Ford wrote:
> OK I got them going - after a struggle with the settings for XMLLIB.
> Eventually I tracked these down to the compiler settings on the xmllib2
> library - i.e. you have to recompile xmllib2 as single-threaded in order to build
> swish-e single-threaded. (  that's /ML option in the compiler settings)

Currently, there's no need to build libxml2 multithreaded.
libswishindex isn't thread safe and libxml2 isn't used by libswish-e.
I'm not sure whether zlib should be multithreaded, though.  zlib is used
by both libswish-e and libswishindex.

The MSVC projects always concern me because I'm never completely sure
whether everything is properly defined.  Omitting the HAVE_ZLIB
definition would disable zlib compression, for example.  Sometime soon I
need to carefully compare the MSVC definitions with those generated by
autoconf for MinGW (src/acconfig.h).  MinGW is the definitive reference
since it's completely automated with libtool and autoconf.
Unfortunately, I can't use the MinGW acconfig.h with MSVC because MinGW
provides Unix compatibility functions not found in MSVCRT.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/