Re: Building swishAPI under perl activestate on windows and use it

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 19:40:37 GMT
On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 07:25, Christophe Deltheil wrote:
> My problem is when i want to use swishAPI. I can't build the module. I work
> with ActiveState perl 5.8.xx and registered PerlDev Kit.

> First question, how do can  i build the module ?

For which operating system?

You would need shell access and a compiler on the Linux host to build
SWISH::API.

On Windows you can install SWISH::API using PPM from a command prompt:
  ppm rep add SWISH http://webaugur.com/ppm/
  ppm install SWISH::API

> My purpose is to use my local index made on windows, on a remote site hosted
> by a provider. I have perl installed but I can't compile code. Then I can't
> uses swish-e binary. So I would like to search only with a perl script.

I don't think SWISH::API will solve your problem.  SWISH::API still
needs to be compiled.  SWISH::API is a binary module and requires
libswish-e.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/