Re: MaxWordLimit trouble

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 14:22:45 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:59:44AM -0700, ??????????? ?????? wrote:
> swish 2.4.0
>
> I search multiword query in which 1 word exceed MaxWordLimit.
> In result i nothing get.
>
> In logic way Swish must exclude this word from query and search.
> Or trancate long word to MaxWordLimit and search.
>
> This logic must be same in index time and search time.

Can you explain?  At indexing time words longer than MAXWORDLIMIT are
not indexed.  On searching if you try to search for a word MAXWORDLIMIT
you get:

  err: Search word exceeded maxwordlimit setting

Truncating wouldn't work as that would change the word (a poor-man's
stemmer).  You can't just exclude the word from the search because that
changes the search.