RE: Filtering

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 23:39:16 GMT
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 04:12:38PM -0700, Roubart Capcap wrote:
> The problem is, on some files the XLtoHTML.pm does not seem to work
> but the xls2csv works.  Is there a way to filter using xls2csv if the
> XLtoHTML did not work.

If you can detect that it doesn't work, then yes.

XLtoHTML.pm should be modified, I think.

      my $oBook = $oExcel->Parse($file);
      return unless $oBook;  /* return on parse errors */

That way if an error happens it will return and then the next parser
will run.  Then you will want to set a larger priority number so then
your filter will be run after the XLtoHTML filter.

I'm not sure if that will catch every error, or not.

Currently the filters need to check for the content-type, but it might
be better if they instead register content types -- and that would allow
saying "make me last in the chain" or maybe say "make me after
XLtoHTML".  Design ideas always welcome.