Re: Indexing XLS Files

From: <Jeffrey.Grunstein(at)>
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 18:13:31 GMT
We are using the prog method, so that's -S prog.
And it is now indexing the spreadsheets so we're not
getting "wrong content type" any more.

We do have Spreadsheet::ParseExcel installed
but I don't think we're using SWISH::Filter.

Here's the config file we're using (I took out a bunch
of servers to maintain security).

It is indexing the XLS files but it's only indexing 2 words
for each of them.  Why?

- Jeff

(See attached file:

|         |           Bill Moseley     |
|         |           <|
|         |           >                |
|         |           07/18/2003 12:28 |
  |       To:                                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [SWISH-E] Indexing XLS Files                                                                             |

[back to the list]

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:57:25AM -0400,
> Sorry.  I made a mistake.  It's "wrong content type", not invalid content
> type.

Ok, so a grep finds that in the example file.
Does that make sense for what you are doing?  Are you using -S prog with

Or are you using -S http method?  If that's the case then the message

   "Skipping %s:  Wrong content type: %s.\n"

My guess that's it.

And that's because the content type doesn't begin with "text/" or
there is not a filter selected for the URL (which is based on file
extension not content-type which doesn't work very well).

So back to your original problem.

I'll assume you are using -S http and that you are also using the
SWISH::Filter set of modules (since you mentioned
the SWISH::Filter::XLtoHTML module).

Yes, that was correct to add the mime type to that file, although I'm
not sure what you added.  Your message said:

  We got it to work by modifying the XLtoHTML function to include
  both application/ and application/

which look the same to my eyes.

But if you don't have Spreadsheet::ParseExcel installed then
that code will never run.  Do you have that module installed?

to a plain text message.