Re: Assembler errors

From: Andrew Lord <andrewlord(at)not-real.internode.on.net>
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 01:44:28 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks very much for your response.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:21 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 08:53, Andrew Lord wrote:
> > making swish-e
> > (cd src; make)
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/httpd/html/swish223/src'
> > gcc -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSWISH_VERSION=\"2.2.3\" -Iexpat/xmltok
> > -Iexpat/xmlparse   -g -O2 -c -o fs.o fs.c
>
> Perhaps removing -O2 optimization would help.  Do a 'make clean' then
> remove the -O2 flag from the CFLAGS variable in src/Makefile. Then run
> make in the src directory and see what happens.

OK.  I'll try this (or rather I'll get my host to try this) and let you know
how it went.

> > I guess that swish draws on some capacity of gcc/as
> > that the packages already compiled on that server do not draw upon,
> > otherwise the server probably wouldn't wouldn't work at all.
>
> Maybe you're not using the system compiler?  Sounds like binutils and
> gcc are not compatible with each other.
>
> What's the output of these commands?:
>   which gcc
>   which ld
>   gcc -v
>   ld -v
>   uname -a

Mmm.  I'm trying to get the package working on a remote virtual site that
provides the user with access to neither ./configure nor make . .:-(  . I've
therefore got to put together scripts for the host to run and get my results
that way, so unfortunately I have no way to provide this information at the
moment.  I'll put it in the script for my host to run and get a printout.

Cheers,

Andrew