Indexing XLS Files

From: <Jeffrey.Grunstein(at)not-real.ny.frb.org>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 20:32:54 GMT
We're running Swish-E 2.2.1 on a Solaris 9 box.  Doing a spider crawl.
We were trying to index Excel files but kept getting "Invalid Content Type"
errors.  We got it to work by modifying the XLtoHTML function to include
both application/vnd.ms-excel and application/vnd.ms-excel.

But now that the XLS files are actually being indexed, only 2 words are
indexed per
file.

Does anybody know what these two words happen to be and how can I get the
entire spreadsheet to be indexed?

 Jeffrey Grunstein
 Senior Information/Technology Support Analyst
 Research Support Function
 Federal Reserve Bank of New York
 Voice: 1-212-720-7879
 Fax: 1-212-720-6831
 E-Mail: jeffrey.grunstein@ny.frb.org
 Web: http://www.newyorkfed.org/rmaghome

 material. Any retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
 delete the material from any computer. Comments or statements are sent in
 good faith but do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Reserve
 Bank of New York.