Re: Win32 MSDev6 libswish-e.lib

From: Greg Ford <greg(at)not-real.reddfish.co.nz>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 01:06:14 GMT
Hi

Kenneth wrote:
> > #include "swish.h"
> > SWISH* handle = SwishOpen ...
David replied:
> You may want to do this:
>   include "swish-e.h"
>   SWISH* handle = SwishOpen ...
Yes it's confusing, but swish.h is used internally, if
you are using the library use swish-e.h.

> Ah, there's your problem!  SWISH-E 2.2.3...  A recent SWISH-E 2.4.0rc1
> snapshot would be much better.
string.h in old versions of swish-e is a problem for Microsoft's
compiler....

> > Are there any examples for .Net developers where the libswish-e library
is
> > used?
>
> swish-e.exe?

SwishCtl is another example, it does something like this:

#include "../swish-e/src/swish-e.h"

With the project settings:
Additional Include directories: ..\dev\swish-e\src

Link input (includes):
  ../swish-e/src/win32/libswish-e.lib ../zlib/zlib.lib
./pcre/lib/libpcre.lib

SwishCtl is also included with some swish-e downloads
(but I've mislaid the link to the one I know it was included in).

Greg Ford