Re: Win32 MSDev6 libswish-e.lib

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 16:59:36 GMT
On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 07:20, Kenneth Jonsson wrote:
> I tried to integrate the libswish-e.lib into my MFC/MsDev7 (.NET) program to
> search a swish-e index. I started the easy way,
>
> #include "swish.h"
> SWISH* handle = SwishOpen ...

You may want to do this:
  include "swish-e.h"
  SWISH* handle = SwishOpen ...

swish-e.h should provide everything you need for use with
libswish-e.lib.  Also, you may or may not want to build and use
libswish-e-mt.lib since that is multithreaded.  I can't recall if MFC is
multithreaded.

> but I have not had any success. I looked for the libtest.c program but could
> not create a running project from it.

What sort of problem are you seeing?  What errors from MSVC, for
example.

> The file ...swish-e-2.2.3\src\string.h is loaded before i.e. the symbol
> SWISH is defined. Maybe the MFC include file <string.h> is referenced, but
> the swish-e include file is loaded instead?

Ah, there's your problem!  SWISH-E 2.2.3...  A recent SWISH-E 2.4.0rc1
snapshot would be much better.

> Are there any examples for .Net developers where the libswish-e library is
> used?

swish-e.exe?

--
 David Norris