title length

From: Aaron Bazar <aaronb(at)not-real.spamcop.net>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 01:53:09 GMT
Good evening!

Is there a way to specify the maximum title length printed to the browser in
swish.cgi?

I have indexed many documents.... some have TITLEs that are super long...
The output that comes into my browser does not look good; I need to use the
bottom scroll bar to move right and see the whole screen.

If there is not an option, and I can't seem to find one, then I think it
would be a simple piece of code to insert, I am just not sure WHERE to put
it.

swishtitle = FIRST 100 Characters of swishtitle;  (I'll have to look up the
exact perl syntax).

If somebody has an idea where to put this code, please let me know.

Also, on a related topic, last week I asked about cleaning certain URLs out
of the database. Instead of that, is there some place in the CGI script
where I could say?

if (swishdocpath =~/domainIdoNotWant.com/) then do not print;

Thanks for your help!

Aaron Bazar