Q - mysql and mailing-lists

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 01:43:52 GMT
Hello all, have a couple of newbie questions (we just migrated from
htdig and are trying to bring up swish-e),

 1. We'd like to have two index/searchable options,

    a. One of the website (most of which is in mysql which we access
       via php) - not sure how that should be done and there are sections
       within the mysql that are private as well (account info, passwords,
       etc which need to be excluded)

    b. One of our mailing-lists - these are plain html files and should be
       easy to deal with :-)

 2. We'd like to search both together or separately, so I gather that's a
    matter of coding up a CGI so that the appropriate "search-index" files
    are included/excluded, right ?

 3. Is there anyway to get access to the actual source code that swish-e
    site itself uses to search the mailing-list discussions.  We'd love
    to have the same options esp. those listed on the following page,

      http://swish-e.org/Discussion/search/swish.cgi

    Note: we love the idea of offering a date range as well and are not
          quite sure what meta-tags are needed to pull that off.

    We run mailman/mhonarc for our mailing-lists and archiving (if that
    matters).

BTW: this is on debian linux (sarge - testing release), running swish-e-2.2.3

Your help would be much appreciated.

 .tf.