resources problem osx

From: Rolf Schatzmann <rolf(at)not-real.mactherapy.com>
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 11:13:45 GMT
Hi there,
=20
I am trying to use swish to index a ridiculously large collection of PDF
files on a MacOSX Server (X-Serve)
=20
All was going well until Swish-E ran out of memory whilst building the
index, no problem I thought, I'll just use the economy mode.
=20
 Unfortunately now I get the too many open files error from the System.
=20
 On linux this would be easy to fix, however I have a bad feeling that =
under
OSX (aka BSD) I have to re-compile the kernel to change this value. Does
anyone know for sure if I can increase the max open files without
re-compiling the kernel or have any other clever suggestions..
=20
On a side and semi related note I don't suppose anyone has managed to =
get
catdoc to compile under OSX?
=20
=20