Re: Does the <!-- Swishcommand noindex --> work whe

From: <Cleveland(at)not-real.mail.winnefox.org>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 20:28:25 GMT
> When in doubt... test!
>
> moseley(at)not-real.bumby:~/apache$ GET http://localhost/apache/noindex.html

> http://localhost/apache/noindex.html -T indexed_words -v0

It all works right. Until you add in a <a href> tag pointing to another
file. What it does is, it'll skip the word, but still follow that link
and also index the words in the file it's linked to. I remove the link,
and it ignores that other file. Is there something I'm missing?

I have two folders, the root, and 1857. Here's what I had in
noindex.html which is in root:
<!-- Swishcommand noindex -->
butnotthisword
<!-- Swishcommand index -->

Indexes only that file, and ignores the welcome.html file I have in the
1857 directory.

If I have this in the root noindex.html file:
<!-- Swishcommand noindex -->
<!-- Swishcommand index -->

It will go and also index that welcome.html file in the 1857 directory.

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is have that noindex tag to ignore links
as well as the text. Is that possible?

--
Jody Cleveland
(cleveland@mail.winnefox.org)