categorizing files with index information?

From: Stephan Diehl <stephan.diehl(at)not-real.gmx.net>
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 12:37:45 GMT
Hi,

is it possible, at least theoretically, to categorize files based on a swish-e
What I'd like to do, is to calculate the "nearness" of documents.
The practical problem involves a large amount of support data about different
products. The goal would be to get some idea, how many calls are actually
about the same problems (despite different error description texts).

I couldn't find any description of the index format (I probably didn't look
hard enough), so I have no idea if such a task would be doable.

Thanks for your input

Stephan