SWISH-E and LXR (Linux Cross Reference tool)

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy <seagull(at)not-real.fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 03:48:25 GMT
Hello Swish Team,
 I have been using SWISH-E for sometime now and have had a very good
 experience. I was working on installing LXR
 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxr) to generate Cross Reference
 information for a real huge code base (100,000+ files). LXR perl scripts
 depends on Glimpse for freetext and filename search. Glimpse is not
 ported to native win32 (build requires POSIX complaint Unix
 environment). I was able to modify the perl scripts to use SWISH-E
 instead and I have a perfect (almost...) system working. Glimpse
 supports REGEX search (I do not know for real). That is the only missing
 feature. I would like to thank the SWISH-E team as I achieved
 independently what the whole systems (IT) department was trying to do.

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy