Re: PCRE library support

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 22:09:32 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 14:26, Greg Fenton wrote:
> But, it seems that PCRE support *must* be manually enabled.

I'd suggest configuring like this to make sure they all enable:
  ./configure --with-libxml2 --with-zlib --with-pcre

> I know very little about autoconf and configure, but is there a
> particular reason that the default PCRE is "no" and not "maybe"?  (Line
> 243 of configure.in)

Well, I figured that not everyone would want PCRE.  I added PCRE support
only because Windows has no native regex library.  The regex library
that we were using on Windows produced nearly 100 warnings.  So, I added
PCRE because it provided a well tested POSIX regex library on Windows.

Ideally, PCRE would be set to "yes" if some required regex function is
not detected on the system.  This does not currently happen.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/