Re: PCRE library support

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 22:09:32 GMT
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 14:26, Greg Fenton wrote:
> But, it seems that PCRE support *must* be manually enabled.

I'd suggest configuring like this to make sure they all enable:
  ./configure --with-libxml2 --with-zlib --with-pcre

> I know very little about autoconf and configure, but is there a
> particular reason that the default PCRE is "no" and not "maybe"?  (Line
> 243 of

Well, I figured that not everyone would want PCRE.  I added PCRE support
only because Windows has no native regex library.  The regex library
that we were using on Windows produced nearly 100 warnings.  So, I added
PCRE because it provided a well tested POSIX regex library on Windows.

Ideally, PCRE would be set to "yes" if some required regex function is
not detected on the system.  This does not currently happen.

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039