Re: SWISH-E License

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 17:30:20 GMT
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 09:53:26AM -0700, Jason Birch wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2003 21:45:23 -0700 (PDT), Bill Moseley
> <> spoke:
> > We, the developers, hold copyright.  That allows us to change the license as we are
> > discussing now.
> Given the lineage of Swish-E (EIT, HP, etc...) are you sure that the
> development group has the right to change the license on anything but
> the non-derivative portions?

Most of the code has been rewritten.  For the other code, LGPL allows converting to GPL, if
I understand Section 3.

I'm not sure what all this means if not tested in court, either.

Every place I have asked so far there has been debate about the point if using GPL code in a
project forces the other code to become GPL or open source.  It's not clear and AFAIK never
been tested.

And I'm running out of gin.

Bill Moseley