Searching Help Files?

From: Marissa Eddings <Marissa.Eddings(at)not-real.salland-usa.com>
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 21:30:31 GMT
Hello everyone,

    I'm researching search engines for a project.  I've transferred all of
my help file documentation into html and need a search engine to help power
it.  The problem is, it can't really be a server based engine.  These help
files will be installed onto all sorts of different customer platforms and
bundled in with our product software.

    Even though I've been reading about swish-e for 2 hours now, I can't
find where it states swish-e can operate off-line/independent of server and
as described above.  Can someone help give me a better idea if swish-e can
fit my needs?

Best Regards,
Marissa

to a plain text message.