Re: Problem indexing OpenOffice files

From: Douglas Smith <douglas(at)not-real.SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 20:29:24 GMT
Yes, I would like to know more about this.  I got this to work, but not
in a nice way.  I used the same filter line, with the "unzip content.xml"
and there was lots of xml to parse.  But XML2 would return nothing for
some reason, and no content would get indexed.  I switched to HTML2,
which indexed a bunch of junk along with the content, but got all the
connect that users wanted,  so I left it as a cludge until I could
fix the XML2.

The xml which gets produced is fairly complicated, it would probably be
better to try an OpedOffice doc as an example.  I could put an example
doc, and the content.xml on the web if people want to see one for testing.

Douglas