Disabling meta tag support/searching

From: Seth Eilbott <seilbott(at)not-real.us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 21:45:06 GMT
Howdy.  We currently use SWISH-E to index/search about two dozen
individual collections of plain text technical documents.

We would like to search for strings that include equal signs -- such
as "user=Seth" -- but, of course, SWISH-E processes them as meta tag
references.  I understand this and am not complaining about it, but I
am searching for a way to convince SWISH-E to treat strings like this
as regular text.

So.... Is there any way to disable meta tag support in SWISH-E, or
a way to specify that phrases with '=' in them should be treated as
regular text?

Cheers,
  Seth

to a plain text message.