Re: help

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 04:15:39 GMT
"help", it turns out, is not very helpful...

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:48:34PM -0700, kevin wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to include the documents name in the index.  I
> am a swish-e newbie.

To index the document path you use:

  MetaNames swishdocpath

> The website subdivides pdfs by department.  Each pdf has a file format of
> mmddyyyydepartment.pdf.

Too bad they didn't think about it and use something that sorted more
naturally like yyyymmdd.

> I need to be able to allow a site searcher to put in
> a date range and get all files that fall into the date range as it appears in
> the file name.

Sounds more like you need a database.  Store meta data about each PDF in a
database and you can easily make those kind of selects.

If you want to do the kind of full-text searching that swish does and select
by a date range then you can use the swish-e "limit" feature (see -L in the
SWISH-RUN manual page) to limit your searches by date.

You can probably use the ExtractPath feature with a regular expression to
get your date into a more sensible order in a property.  ExtrctPath is
described in the SWISH-CONFIG manual page.