Re: webalizer search (was: error indexing pdf files)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 16:01:00 GMT
On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 08:30, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> I noticed webalizer is installed on the server. I ran a report and noticed
> this in the page, which is similar to what the analog page showed:
> Now, are these searches using swish-e, or are they searches that people used
> from places like google to get to our site?

Webalizer (and probably Analog) can do either so long as the refering
site isn't ignored and the search URL uses a GET request.  Most of the
SWISH-E scripts use POST I think.  Although, that should be trivial to

In webalizer's config you would have lines like this:
SearchEngine	p=
SearchEngine	q=
SearchEngine	q=

Anything in the specified parameter will be considered a search phrase.

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039