Re: Compiling on W2K - Mingw

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 20:06:14 GMT
On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 09:54, Dhruva Krishnamurthy wrote:
> Hello,
>  I was able to port SWISH-E (daily snapshot swish-e-2.3.5-2003-04-16) on
>  W2K using
> MinGW32 environment (using GCC 3.2). I got a working executable and an
> archive file (library).

The daily Win32 builds are built using MinGW (GCC 3.2) cross compiler
under Linux.  There's a src/win32/build.sh script which is used to make
the daily builds.  There's also a src/win32/dist.sh which translates all
the text files to DOS format and generates a self installer executable
from the win32.nsi NSIS script.

Automated Daily Win32 Builds:
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/daily/

Various files of interest:
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/

> W2K port using MinGW32:
> ${MINGW32} : Path to top level directory of MinGW32 tools installation
>
> Files to Install in ${MINGW32} from SourceForge (gnuwin32):
>  1. pcre - perl compatible regular expression library
>  2. GNU Regex library
>  3. libxml2 (www.xmlsoft.org)
>  4. libexpat

You shouldn't need GNU Regex with PCRE.  PCREPOSIX is meant to replace
it.  Expat is included in SWISH-E CVS.  You may also want zlib so you'll
have compression support.

This is my build dir with libxml2, zlib, and pcre:
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/builddir.tar.gz

SWISH-e can be built like this (under MSYS & MinGW):
 tar xvzf builddir.tar.gz
 cd win32
 export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/swishe"
 cvs -z3 co swish-e
 cd swish-e
 ./configure --with-libxml2=$PWD/../libxml2 \
     --with-zlib=$PWD/../zlib --with-pcre=$PWD/../pcre
 cd src
 make

Let me know if you notice any troubles building.  I just ran the above
build on Windows 2000 with no modifications to SWISH-E sources at all.

You probably cannot make in the top level directory since the docs and
such require extra tools you may not have on Windows.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/