Re: error indexing pdf files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 20:19:38 GMT
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Jody Cleveland wrote:

> $ ./spider.pl | /var/www/cgi-bin/search/src/swish-e -S prog -i stdin -f
> /var/www/cgi-bin/search/oshkosh.index -c
> /var/www/cgi-bin/search/conf/oshkosh.config
>
> Well, I don't get any errors, but it seems to ignore what's in that config
> file. Am I doing this the right way?

Looks fine. If you enter junk into oshkosh.config do you get an error?

You can also set IndexDir ./spider.pl and IndexFile in your config file
and just type:

  swish-e -c oshkosh.config -S prog

If you want shorter command lines.

You can also do this to save time while testing:

   ./spider.pl > swish.input

Then look at swish.input to see that it makes sense.  Then

  swish-e -S prog -c test.conf -i stdin < swish.input

Or if you like the "useless use of cat" type of thing:

  cat swish.input | swish-e -c test.conf -i stdin

Then use -T indexed_words or other -T options to see what's happening (or
not) while indexing.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org