Using Swish on a much LARGER scale?

From: Dave Morton <dave(at)not-real.circuitboardcomputing.com>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 01:44:10 GMT
Hello, all.

  My present employer has handed me a rather daunting task, and I'm not quite sure I'm up to it,
so I thought I'd ask some advice from folks who would know more than myself.

  It seems that my boss has it in his (insert rude adjective here) head that he wants a full blown,
Internet wide search engine. Yup! you guessed it! "Something along the lines of Google" was the
direct quote. {sigh!} Now, I've been using Swish for a few months, and it indexes our remote servers
just fine, but what sorts of problems (legal, programming, etc.) would I encounter if I were to attempt
to use it as the basis of a global search? I'm more looking for solid suggestions than laughter, but
feel free to laugh a LITTLE. 8^} Any thoughts will be humbly and gratefully accepted, and hurled
epithets will be forwarded anonymously. Thanks for your time.

Dave Morton          dave@circuitboardcomputing.com