Re: Problem with make, ld & libxml2

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 15:03:23 GMT
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Andrew Lord wrote:

> History:
>
> Initially on the RedHat server they did:
>
> ./configure --with-libxml2=/home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/www/html/libxml2
> --prefix=/home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/www/html/swish1
> make
> make install
>
> The make failed so they tried again, this time without libxml2.  They did:
>
> ./configure --without-libxml2
> --prefix=/home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/www/html/swish1
> make
> make install
>
> The report for the second attempt (without-libxml2) is shown below.  The make
> fails again but what's got me stumpped is that despite re-configuring
> --without-libxml2, 'make[1]' still seems to be trying to 'look for' libxml2.

Did they run "make clean" or "make distclean" before running configure
again?  Some older versions of autoconf use cached results when running
configure if available.

Another solution would be to install libxml2, of course.  Will you be
indexing on that machine or only searching?

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org