Re: Result expansion problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 23:57:32 GMT
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Mark Peesel wrote:

> SWISH-E 2.0.5

Old version.  2.0.5 doesn't have a StoreDescription feature.

> The titles DO exist in all the documents, but as you see, they aren't being
> seen by Swish.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

> We are using the standard search.pl script that came with the install.  We
> added the look and feel, but when I switched back to the original, we got
> the same results.

Swish 2.0.5 did not include a script called "search.pl".  I believe some
ISPs and web hosting services offered something called search.pl.

Swish 2.0.5 is a few years old.  I'd recommend updating.  The current
version has an example CGI script.  I can't really offer help on a script
I have not seen.

> > BTW -- I noticed that you have the path to the index file as a form field.
> > Make sure you filter that very well -- or better map some letter or id
> > number to the real index path.
> I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can you explain?

It means if you are using user data directly in your script then your site
is a good hacking target!

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org