Re: Result expansion problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 21:57:58 GMT
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Mark Peesel wrote:

> All you see is a list like this:
>
> index.html
> Outward Bound West: Uncle Henry's

> It is giving me a mix of page titles and file names with no descriptions...
>
> Here is my conf file (most comments removed for space):

Actually, you could probably remove much of that from your config -- just
use the defaults and change the few settings you need.  That looks like an
old config file example, too.  What version of swish are you using?

I guess I don't understand the problem.  Or problems.  First you need to
generate an index with the correct data stored in the index. You typically
would use StoreDescription to save the content in the index.  Where it
says "index.html" swish is not finding a title in the document, so that's
another issue.

Then how you parse and display the results is the other part of the
problem, of course.  How are you running swish and parsing the results
currently?  Can you show the code you are using?

BTW -- I noticed that you have the path to the index file as a form field.
Make sure you filter that very well -- or better map some letter or id
number to the real index path.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org